If you like the lightweight music player in the music section and would like to use it yourself you can find it on github: Tiny HTML5 Music Player repository
Trying to keep it simple and under 10KB with no dependencies.
Tiny HTML5 Music Player is lightweight music player with no dependencies. You just need a modern HTML5 compatible browser such as Chrome, Firefox or IE9 and later.
While being lightweight Tiny HTML5 Music Player has a couple features such as:
- seek bar
- colored progress on seek bar
- colored buffered on seek bar
- precise current time / total time of the MP3
- keyboard shortcuts (toggle play/pause, next/previous, rewind)
- automatic scaling of the player depending on the div size
- automatically play the next track when the current MP3 has finished playing
- loop when all MP3 have played
- size currently under 8KB
Small bash script to generate all waveforms of the MP3 in the current directory:
#!/bin/bash # Generates waveforms of all mp3 in current folder # PNG resolution: 980 x 60 # Dependencies: sox and gnuplot FILES="./*.mp3" for f in $FILES do sox $f -G -r 4000 -c 1 test.dat && tail -n+3 test.dat > test.datclean gnuplot -p -e "set terminal png transparent size 980,60 enhanced; set yr [-1:1]; unset key; unset tics; unset border; set lmargin 0; set rmargin 0; set tmargin 0; set bmargin 0; set output '$f.png'; plot 'test.datclean' using 1:2 every 50 with lines lc rgbcolor '#000000'" done rm test.dat rm test.datclean
Inside the repository you will find both minified and normal source. Feel free to use it, suggest changes and features.